Concrete is basically one of the most frequently used materials for both residential and commercial construction. Over the years, however, concrete can now sustain chips and cracks that will affect its appearance and safety. In these situations, you can actually make use of the few do-it-yourself tips for repairing concrete. Take note that these are just temporary solutions and there is still no alternate to professionally repair of concrete.
For Small Cracks
Cracks that are small are easy to repair. It is highly suggested to correct small damages before it turns into a bigger issue. The following are some of the quick tips which you can use for the repair of your concrete surface:
- First, brush off dust or any debris which come from the cracked or chipped concrete. Use the broom and brush, and make sure that it is clean. Do not wash the surface with water because the professionals will apply a filler.
- When clean, you may now fill the small cracks or chips with the use of the masonry crack filler. Then, you can buy one which is in the cartridge so that you may apply it with the use of a caulk gun.
Also, you have the choice to use the vinyl concrete patching compound in order to fill in the damages. It does not need a bonding agent. However, you only have to smooth it all out using your knife.
For Larger Cracks
Knowing how to fix concrete cracks is not particularly same when it comes to larger damages or problems.
- Undercut the crack with the use of a sledgehammer and a chisel. You should ensure that the base will be wider compared to the surface.
- Brush away dust and any debris just like what you did with small cracks. You will have to wash the site with clean water.
- Then, you should apply patching compound and use your trowel in order to spread it all over the cracks. Gently ta the patch to release the air pockets inside. Make sure you use the bonding agent first for those who use a patching mortar so the filler will adhere to the concrete.
- Smoothen the patch. Allow it to dry naturally.
When Should You Call and Hire a Professional and Reliable Concrete Repair Service Provider?
If you are not a professional or even a handyman, or you do not have enough time for do-it-yourself repairs, you always have the option to call for professional assistance. Beyond DIY repairs, a professional concrete repair service will use the appropriate skills and equipment so the solutions will be long-lasting. You can also count on the guarantees of the professional repairs. If any issues come up, you may call the service provider to have your concrete checked.
Therefore, DIY concrete repair is a very easy task to do especially on small damages but when big problems happen, you have to tap the professional and reliable concrete repair service providers such as concrete sealing Kingston to handle the task on your behalf.